Monday, November 28, 2011

Brief Interlude


Reading Chair, originally uploaded by Chris S Thorpe.
I love the "coming home"of family for Thanksgiving. The sharing of food, laughs, stories and good wine is it's own reward. Like all holidays Thanksgiving has evolved into more than just a day, we have the travel day, Black Friday, College Football-Left Overs Saturday, and Get Away-Sunday (when the relatives hit the turnpike). Lately, I have found another holiday reality that is equally as wonderful. It's rather nice to get one's home back and enjoy the solitude after helping to pack those mini-vans and waving goodbye. It's pleasantly quiet now and I do think that there just might be a enough left overs in the fridge for one more turkey sandwich.
I can't get too comfy though, it is after all Cyber-Monday and there are all those Christmas decorations in the attic! How many "shopping days" do I have anyway???

No comments: